USAction Education Fund Development Internship – Summer 2013
USAction Education Fund (and our C4 sister organization USAction) builds power by uniting people locally and nationally, on-the-ground and online, to win a more just and progressive America. Over the past ten years, with our 21 independent state affiliates and partners, we have helped to create successful national coalitions to register hundreds of thousands of voters, stop the privatization of Social Security and pass national health care reform. Right now, we are working to lead the fight to close corporate tax loopholes, cut wasteful pentagon spending, and protect Medicare/Medicaid/Social Security from any cuts to benefits.
USAEF seeks an intern to work in our Development Department. This internship is ideal for a college or graduate student interested in work in the nonprofit sector, as the intern will receive a well-rounded perspective of a national nonprofit organization’s activities and operations. The position will provide a unique and involved internship experience for a dedicated individual. While a significant amount of the work will revolve around updating and maintaining our data systems, the intern will also have the opportunity to assist in many areas of development: donor stewardship, marketing, research and event planning, grant writing and copy-editing, along with general administrative work. The position also includes the opportunity to attend and provide input at weekly development planning meetings with the executive director and development staff.
While no fundraising experience is required, we seek a motivated candidate with:
- A desire to work in fundraising and/or the non-profit field
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- An energetic and flexible attitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use standard Microsoft Office software
- Database experience preferred but not required
- Creative approaches to problem-solving
- A commitment to progressive issues
We will provide any information you need in order to count the internship toward college credit, if desired. This position will pay $10 per hour, for a minimum of 20 hours per week, possibly full-time for the right candidate. Desired start date is late May or early June. This position is located in our Washington, D.C. office.
If interested, please send your resume and a cover letter discussing your interest and availability to email@example.com. Please title your documents in the following format: Last, First Name – Document Title.
USAction/USAEF Field and Program Intern – Summer 2013
USAction/USAEF builds power by uniting people locally and nationally, on-the-ground and online, to win a more just and progressive America. Over the past ten years, with our 21 independent state affiliates and partners, we have helped to create successful national coalitions to register hundreds of thousands of voters, stop the privatization of Social Security and pass national health care reform. Right now, we are working to lead the fight to close corporate tax loopholes, cut wasteful pentagon spending, and protect Medicare/Medicaid/Social Security from any cuts to benefits.
USAction/USAEF is seeking a Field and Program intern to support the work of our field and program work in Washington DC. Each intern has the opportunity to work with most members of our staff to gain experience in different areas and understand how nonprofits run. Once settled in to our systems, each intern has the opportunity to create their own project to complete during their stay. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to social justice and progressive policies, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong attention to detail and reside in, or be able to relocate to the Washington, D.C. area.
- Research, compile, document and quantify activity conducted by our 21 state-based affiliates and partners on issue campaigns related to USAction’s federal issues campaign agenda.
- Compile/distribute press clips and examples of USAction’s and its affiliates’ presence in the traditional news-media as well as in social media venues such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Suggest and write posts for USAction’s social media outlets, including the blog, Facebook and Twitter.
- Support creation and maintenance of electronic files related to USAction’s national and state-based legislative and electoral work.
- Support Field and Program staff in tracking and following up with affiliates and coalition partners for campaign sign-ons and grassroots activities.
- Work to create a summer long project based on organizational needs and intern experience/interests
- Past projects have ranged from analyzing weekly canvass results to creating a database of stories.
- Support the Field and Program staff with regular administrative responsibilities and support all staff on special projects and needs.
We seek a motivated candidate with:
- Excellent communication skills, including a strong attention to detail
- An energetic and flexible attitude
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and general understanding of social media platforms. Experience working with Adobe design software is a plus
- A desire to work in progressive politics or the non-profit sector
To apply, send a cover letter with your dates of availability, resume, and references to EEinhorn@usaction.org.
For more information, please contact Emma Einhorn at EEinhorn@usaction.org.
USAction is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, LGBT people, people with disabilities and people of color to apply. We work hard to recruit, retain, and identify leadership positions for staff members who represent these communities and/or who are from low-income backgrounds.