National Campaigns Associate
The National Campaigns Associate is responsible for assisting the National Campaigns Director in implementing successful issue and electoral campaigns and will also work closely with our state affiliates and the Program, Development, Digital and Field departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Campaign and Program Support
- Assist National Campaigns Director in developing new and managing existing relationships with key national partners. Help build coalitions and attract participation in coalitions and events in D.C. and in the field.
- Represent USAction and USAEF at various tables and at coalition calls, briefings and meetings.
- Produce and distribute weekly program briefing with legislative updates and resources for affiliates and staff.
- Identify, organize and share messaging and organizational resources.
- Track and monitor partners, coalitions, listservs, legislation, policy initiatives, and provide timely updates and developments on a daily basis.
- Track and manage external sign-on letters.
- Seek opportunities to promote and connect USAction and USAEF to a broader audience.
- Manage internal sign-on letter process and provide programmatic support for national days of action.
- Provide administrative support for campaign and program meetings.
- Gather information and conduct policy research for issue campaigns and help with material production.
Civic Engagement Support
- Assist National Campaigns Director with implementation of overall political strategies, including supporting affiliates with planning and carrying out CE programs.
- Research, analyze and report district and state targeting information.
- Manage and implement political technologies and tools (VAN, etc.) for use on the national and affiliate level.
- Investigate feasibility of implementing new technologies (IVR, Virtual Phone Banks etc.)
- Support data management and analytics.
- Interface with political vendors and help manage and track vendor contracts.
- Assist National Campaigns Director with resource delivery and campaign assistance that ensures campaign effectiveness and partner and affiliate engagement.
- Participate in the planning and support of USAction and USAEF program and Board events.
- Ideal opportunity for someone with minimum of 3 years experience in an organizational and a grassroots campaign setting with a commitment to social and economic justice.
- Knowledge of a range of issues and organizations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Electoral experience and competence with voter systems and technology: VAN, virtual phone banks and list management.
- Professional, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently and to work well in teams.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with duties and staff level. This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits that include health care, a generous vacation policy, 401k, Flexible Spending Account and Smart Benefits.
Send cover letter, resume and three professional references to email@example.com Please put National Campaigns Associate in the subject line. Please apply now. Deadline for applications is March 5.
USAction and USAction Education Fund are equal opportunity employers. It is our policy not to discriminate against any individual for any reason including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, ethnic background, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identification or ability. We work to recruit, retain, and identify leadership positions for staff members who represent these communities and/or who are from low-income backgrounds.